- The website welcomes articles/ commentaries ranging between 800-1000 words and book reviews of 500-750 words. Longer pieces will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Give us an indicative headline of 6-8 words; this is subject to editorial approval and can be changed.
- Please ensure that the spelling style you use-- American or British--is consistent throughout the write-up.
- Please maintain a line gap between paras for easier editing.
- Acronyms can be used but only after these have been expanded at first instance.
- The article should contain a line at end giving desired designation/title and institutional affiliation as well as email. (Use the format:xxxx is Designation/Institution. He/She can be contacted at...... (email Id/twitter handle)
- Postal Address and Mobile details (for office records only) should be given if you are contributing for the first time
- Thumb nail photograph (to be displayed along with the article)
- All submissions should be sent electronically, as attached word documents to email@example.com
- The Editor reserves the right to take the final decision on the use of the article, any alterations required and its publication.
- The copyright of the article rests with the South Asia Monitor/ Society for Policy Studies. Contributors will be sent an acknowledgement indicating the receipt of their article. If selected for publication, the contributors will be sent the link to their article which they are free to share on any medium so long as appropriate credits are given to the South Asia Monitor.
- South Asia Monitor offers a token honorarium only for contributions it has requested for and commissioned. Contributions coming on their own may not be paid for.
Title: Bollywood Boom; Author: Roopa Swaminathan; Publisher: Penguin; Price: Rs 399; Pages: 221
Title: Defeat is an Orphan: How Pakistan Lost the Great South Asian War; Author: Myra Macdonald; Publisher: Penguin Random House India; Pages: 328; Price: Rs 599
The story of Afghanistan -- of the war against the Soviets and of terrorism that has gripped the landlocked country ever since -- is in many ways also the story of diplomat Masood Khalili, who motivated his people and led them...
Title: The Golden Legend; Author: Nadeem Aslam; Publisher: Penguin Random House; Pages: 376; Price: Rs 599
Over the Years, a collection of 106 short articles, offers us interesting sidelights on the currents and cross- currents in the public life of India during two distinctive periods: (I) 1987 to 1991 and (II ) 2010 to the present.