April 29 is World Dance Day. Every year, dancers celebrate this occasion with great enthusiasm and fervour. Although this time everyone is confined to their homes due to the coronavirus pandemic
April 29 is World Dance Day. Every year, dancers celebrate this occasion with great enthusiasm and fervour. Although this time everyone is confined to their homes due to the coronavirus pandemic.
With the blessings and guidance of the great India dancing maestro Pt. Birju Maharajji, 80 dance gurus, choreographers, and dancers from all over the world feature in this short video expressing their solidarity with millions of healthcare professionals at the forefront of this war against COVID-19.
"Dancers Around the World From Their Homes" is a compilation of short clips sent by the masters giving their message through dance gestures and voice.
The video, which showcases all the classical dance forms, will also feature folk dancers, contemporary, ballet and western dancers.
The concept is of Indian choreographer Maitreyee Pahari, the Director of Lok Chhanda Cultural Unit, who took the initiative to bring these great artists/masters together.
The video, presented with the hope and prayers that the curtain will rise again, will be officially released on April 29 at 6 pm.
Here is the link of the video --
Concept - Maitreyee Pahari
Editing - Pradeep Kumar
Some of the artists who are part of this video are:
1. Padma Vibhushan Pt. Birju Maharaj Kathak
2. Padma Vibhushan Dr. Sonal Mansingh Bharatanatyam & Odissi
3. Padma Bhushan Raja & Radha Reddy Kuchipudi
4. Padma Bhushan Kumudini Lakhia Kathak
5. Padma Bhushan Dr. Kanak Rele Mohiniattam
6. Padma Sri Shovana Narayan Kathak
7. Padma Sri Madhavi Mudgal Odissi
8. Sadanam Balakrishnan Kathakali
9. Padma Bhushan Saroja Vaidyanathan Bharatanatyam
10. Fernando Aguilera (Argentina) Western Ballet
11. Jonathan Hollander (United States) Contemporary