Opposiiton JVP leader questions why 84% COVID fund is not used in Sri Lanka

Jathika Jana Balawegaya MP and JVP leader Anura Kumara Dissanayake today (Nov. 23) in Parliament questioned the government as to why only 16% of the Rs. 1640 million COVID fund has been spent on COVID suppression and the remaining 84% is stashed away despite the great crisis in the country due to the epidemic

Nov 24, 2020
Image
A

Jathika Jana Balawegaya MP and JVP leader Anura Kumara Dissanayake today (Nov. 23) in Parliament questioned the government as to why only 16% of the Rs. 1640 million COVID fund has been spent on COVID suppression and the remaining 84% is stashed away despite the great crisis in the country due to the epidemic.

“What is the purpose of spending 16% of the COVID Fund and keeping 84%? The COVID Fund is Rs. 1640 million from but only Rs. 268 million spent. That is about 16%,” MP Anura Kumara Dissanayake said joining the third stage of debate on the 2021 budget presented by the government.

“At a time When the COVID epidemic has become a great crisis and a large fund has been set up only a meager 16% has been spent on controlling the COVID epidemic.”

http://www.colombopage.com/archive_20B/Nov24_1606160000CH.php

downloadingmymind.com

SPS-NBN

News Behind the News Special Studies

Tweets about SAMonitor
SAM Facebook

Newsletter Subscription

The subscriber's email address.
Stay informed - subscribe to our newsletter.