Maldives: 47 positive COVID-19 cases, 121 recovered in last 24 hours

The Maldives’ Health Protection Agency (HPA) has reported 47 confirmed positive cases of the COVID-19 in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of cases 12,994 in the small island nation that is an international high-end tourist destination, Sun news reported

Nov 30, 2020
Image
A

The Maldives’ Health Protection Agency (HPA) has reported 47 confirmed positive cases of the COVID-19 in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of cases 12,994 in the small island nation that is an international high-end tourist destination, Sun news reported.

The active cases remain at 1039. Almost all fresh cases, 46, cases alone came from the greater Male region while just one case reported from a tourist resort from another region. 

Meanwhile, 121 patients made recovery in the last 24 days.

In the last week, a total of 386 positive cases were detected; with the highest,150, reported on November 23. Around 94 others are admitted to different hospitals across the country.

The Maldives has tested 2,82,889 samples so far and managed to keep the active cases around 1000. 

Of the total positive cases, 62 percent are locals, and the remaining 38 percent cases came from foreigners. The country has reported just 46 deaths due to COVID-19 related complications. 

downloadingmymind.com

SPS-NBN

News Behind the News Special Studies

Tweets about SAMonitor
SAM Facebook

Newsletter Subscription

The subscriber's email address.
Stay informed - subscribe to our newsletter.